Balance Restored is an integrative medical practice providing Whole Systems Traditional Chines Medicine, including acupuncture, as well as functional medicine, herbs, supplements and lifestyle counseling to patients in Corte Madera and surrounding cities in Marin County and the San Francisco Bay Area.
We specialize in treating the following conditions:
- Infertility-related issues, including diminished ovarian reserve, PCOS, endometriosis
- pregnancy and postpartum care
- peri-menopause and menopause symptoms
- pain, both acute and chronic
- reducing stress
- insomnia, anxiety, depression
- digestive disorders
- early cognitive decline and brain health
- respiratory immune health to resist colds & flu, asthma, allergies
Susan Fox, L.Ac., M.S., FABORM
Susan earned her Master’s Degree at Meiji College of Oriental Medicine in Berkeley, California.
A specialist in reproductive medicine, Susan combines evidence-based research protocols with customized Chinese Medicine diagnosis and treatment principles to treat challenges of infertility, as well as pregnancy, post-partum, peri-menopause and menopause.
Specific credentials include:
- Fellow of and served on the Board of Directors for the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine, in which she enjoys an international network of specialists and referrals who share expertise in research and clinical applications
- member of the NorCal Group of Fertility Acupuncturists, a local consortium where she regularly consults with other specialists in the field
- founding member of Dr. Randine Lewis’ Clinicians of The Fertile Soul, which training delves into the inextricable mind-body-emotional aspect of health and reproduction
In treating Cognitive Decline, Susan implements protocols by Dr. Dale Bredesen, derived from 27 years’ research identifying five sub-types of and individuated treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease. She applies these treatment protocols to early cognitive decline associated with peri-menopause, menopause and other changes that adversely affect brain health.
Susan has been studying Functional Medicine for over a decade through Dr. Datis Kharrazian, and implements laboratory and other diagnostic testing to inform her diagnosis and treatment plans. A healthy microbiome and gut health is integral to all health; therefore, Susan works to ensure that a patient’s detoxification systems are functioning optimally, and tailors protocols to address a variety of Digestive Complaints.
Andrew Rader, M.S., L.Ac.
Andrew treats pain conditions at Acupuncture Lounge @ Balance Restored every Monday and Friday late afternoon through evening. Acupuncture Lounge offers acupuncture treatments at deeply discounted pricing in a small group setting. Andrew treats acute and chronic pain anywhere in the body using points from knees to toes, elbows to fingers, ears and head. He has been in practice for nearly 30 years using this form of treatment.
Andrew received his BS in Biochemistry from UC Berkeley and his MS from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. He completed an internship at the China -Japan Friendship Hospital in Beijing. Andrew has been in private practice since 1988.